These are our 12 Rules for Responsible ICT Use at school
We must think about some of these when we use the Internet at home.
Keeping safe: stop, think, before you click!
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork and homework.
- I will only delete my own files.
- I will not look at other people’s files without their permission.
- I will not bring files into school without permission.
- I will ask permission from a member for staff before using the Internet and will not visit Internet sites I know to be banned by the school.
- I will only e-mail people my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know and trust the person who has sent it.
- I will not give out personal information – such as my name, address, phone number, or e-mail – or send photographs or videos to people I don’t know and trust.
- I will not arrange to meet someone I have only been in touch with online, unless I have my parent’s or carer’s permission and they can be present.
- I will keep all my login and password details secret.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will tell a teacher/ responsible adult.